10 signs that you have a baby with high sensitivity
- An unexpected touch or hug can cause a child to have a fit of fear or even tantrum.
- He avoids being close to other people, does not like to stand in lines, ride public transport, or be in a crowd in other circumstances.
- He does not like walking barefoot on sand, grass, stones, carpets, prefers a clean smooth floor. Can avoid touching hands with certain types of fabric, wood, plastic.
- He is very sensitive to cold or heat - even skin reactions (rash, irritation).
- It reacts very violently to mosquito bites, tiny cuts or scratches - that is, to any violation of the integrity of the skin.
- He likes to wrap himself in a thick thick blanket, sleeps under it even in the heat.
- He flatly refuses to wear certain types of clothing - for example, new, or with a high collar, cuffs, rough seams, a tight belt, or socks or tights.
- From early childhood, he avoids playing with sand, clay, water, does not like finger paints and plasticine - that is, everything that can get dirty.
- He clearly hears and is easily distracted by the “background” and invisible sounds of an adult's ear — the ticking of a clock, the buzz of a computer or the hum of a refrigerator, the sounds of vehicles outside the window.
- He is very picky in food: he is ready to eat a limited set of products, avoids food of a certain consistency or texture, flatly refuses to try new dishes or eat in an unfamiliar place.
What is the reason?
Sensory dysfunction or a disorder of sensory perception is a condition in which the process of receiving and processing information by the child’s sensory organs is disturbed, which causes an increased or, conversely, decreased emotional reaction. Symptoms of sensory dysfunction can be different and can be expressed, on the contrary, in an insufficient reaction to some stimuli, low sensitivity, impaired coordination. More information: The Unbalanced Child Book by Carol Stoke Kranowitz
I would like to read more, send it by mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.